Protecting your brands on-line
If you are doing business on-line, your brand is being hijacked. It does not matter what kind of industry you are in, someone, somewhere is targeting your web content, name, trademark, copyright, or your network.
How many ways can you be ripped off on the web?
- Product counterfeiting – not only luxury products anymore but just about every product under the sun is being counterfeited and sold on the Internet
- Brand hijacking – using your trademarks to lure customers to substandard products (see search stacking).
- Market diversion – re-labeling, repackaging and reissuing expired, damaged or discounted products for full price in “gray” markets.
- Lifting web content – using your graphics, photographs, icons, descriptions, product names, code and text to populate illicit websites.
- Network intrusions – to access your resources, send spam, steal funds, and impersonate your business.
- Industrial espionage – surveillance and hacking of your electronic media for proprietary information.
- Domain name abuse – “cybersquating”, “typosquating”, and spoofing your domain name in spam email.
- Market manipulation – “pump and dump” stock fraud that can wreck a company market value and reputation.
- Deliberate smears – campaigns to lower the value of a product or company by spreading rumors and disinformation on the Internet.
- Poor data control – are your employees emailing confidential material, losing cell phones and PDAs, brining viruses to work on flash drives?
What can KnujOn do to help?
- KnujOn has a database of several million collected fraud emails and a continuous feed of spam that can be researched for brand hijacking.
- KnujOn can conduct proactive brand protection on the Internet.
- KnujOn can take your organization’s junk email and process it to better protect your network, limiting your exposure to intrusions and viruses.
- KnujOn can analyze your network for security flaws, intrusions, and planted malicious code.
- KnujOn can provide security training and consulting for organizations of various sizes.
Is your brand being hijacked? Contact us to find out...(firstname.lastname@example.org)
Phishing is Brand Hijacking
What does a financial institution have besides money? A name and a reputation. Unfortunately, many banks have failed to take proactive steps to protect their name and their customers. This has resulted in losses, bad press and government audits. KnujOn tracks phishing and other attempts to defraud consumers and institutions. More on phishing...
Illicit Product Traffic is a Booming Business
The rapid growth of smuggling, counterfeiting, sale of stolen goods in the last 15 years is a shocking and widely ignored problem.
Seal AbuseSeal and icon abuse are rampant on the Internet and is done with relative impunity. If you have an icon and don't persue criminals misusing it then the value of that icon will decline.
The Path of Fake Goods Sold in SpamWhat does it mean to purchase goods sold in spam? Where do the products sold in spam come from? Who profits from merchandise sold in spam? Click here to find out.
How many products are counterfeited?
IP Related NewsHackers warn high street chains
Hannaford Data Breach: An Inside Job?
Fake Ferraris Sold on Internet are really Pontiacs and Toyotas
TJX settles with MasterCard over data breach
Hannaford's Breach Exposes 4.2M Credit, Debit Cards
Men's Health Magazine Hijacked to Sell Fake Pharma
Cybersquatters launch 10,000 attacks a week on top brands
Disgruntled Worker Accused of Deleting $2.5 Million of Files
Report: Four Percent of E-Crime From Fortune 100
Brandjacking Big Pharma
Canadian firm offers e-card malware response
MarkMonitor Brandjacking Index Exposes Online Scams That Threaten Top Pharmaceutical Brands and Hurt Consumers
Which Banks Have the Most Domain Squatters?
Starbucks Chairman, Founder Called Typosquatter and Typosquasher
Fact Sheet: Anti-Counterfeiting Trade Agreement
Economic Espionage Act of 1996 (Summary)
Economic Espionage Act of 1996 (usdoj.gov)
Global Industry Leaders Cite Survey In Quest For A Counterfeit/Piracy-Free World